Parent’s Code of Ethics & Fan Conduct
PLEASE remember that you represent your family, your city and your league. I pledge to conduct myself in accordance with this Code of Conduct:
- I will not engage in taunting, profanity or other unsportsmanlike conduct.
- I will not abuse the umpires’ and will treat them with respect.
- I will encourage good sportsmanship by exemplifying positive support for all players, coaches and officials at every game and practice.
- I will remember that the game is for children, and not for adults.
- I will place the emotional and physical well-being of my child ahead of my “personal” desire to win.
- I will do my very best to make youth sports fun for my child.
- I will provide support for coaches and officials working with my child to provide an enjoyable and positive experience for all.
- I will ask my child to treat other players, coaches, fans & officials with respect regardless of ability.
- I will respect the rights of other spectators so they may also enjoy the game.
I also agree that if I fail to abide by the above guidelines, I will be subject to disciplinary action that could include, but is not limited to:
- Verbal warning issued by an Umpire, League Director, or a Trustee.
- Written warning issued by the League Director or the Board of Trustees.
- Ejection from the field area or city park where league activities are taking place by the Plate Umpire or City Official present.
- Suspension from Lyndhurst Dads’ Club events, games or even the season if so determined by the Board of Trustees upon a hearing.
I/We, the parents or guardian of the named player, who is a candidate for a position on a Lyndhurst Dads’ Club (LDC) baseball or softball team, hereby give my/our approval to his/her participation in any and all of the activities of the league. I/We irrevocably authorize the LDC to use a photograph, picture, and/or electronic image of your child. Images use is not limited to LDC sponsor plaques or the official LDC website (no personal information would be included). I/We assume all risks and hazards incidental to the conduct of the activities and transportation to and from the activities. I/We do further hereby release, absolve, indemnify and hold harmless the LDC, the organizers, sponsors, and supervisors, any or all of them. In case of injury, I/We hereby waive all claims against the organizers, sponsors, or any of the supervisors appointed by them. I/We likewise release from responsibility any person transporting the participate to or from activities. I/We will furnish a certified birth certificates of the above named candidate upon request of the League Officials.
Trustee Approval for Selected League
A trustee review of the registration will occur to ensure that your child is assigned to the correct league based on age. We will contact you if a change differs from what was selected during the online registration process.