LDC has partnered with Major League Baseball’s Pitch Hit & Run Competition! This is a FREE, 1-day event for boys and girls ages 7-14!
All registered LDC participants compete in either the Baseball Division or Softball Division and have the opportunity to advance through four levels of competition including Locals, Sectionals, Team Championships and the National Finals during MLB All-Star Week.
For more information, visit PitchHitRun.com.
LEVELS OF COMPETITION
*Local LDC Competition – Saturday, April 28th *
|Mighty Mite||Sunview East||10am|
All-Around, Pitching, Hitting and Running Champions advance from EACH division age group.
- Sectional Competition – Mid May-Early June**
- Each Sectional is part of an MLB team’s geographic market.
- All-Around Champions in each division age group are ELIGIBLE to advance.
- The top 3 scores in each division age group among the Sectional All Around Champions within each MLB geographic market will advance to the Team Championships.***
- MLB Team Championship – June (weekends)
- Held in all 30 Major League Ballparks.
- Participants must place first in their age group to be ELIGIBLE to advance. The top 3 scores in each division age group out of all 30 MLB Team Championships will advance to the National Finals.***
- National Finals – MLB All-Star Week
- National Finalists will receive an all-expense paid trip to MLB All-Star Week. Finalists will participate in an array of festivities upon arrival, including competing on-field prior to shagging fly balls during the Home Run Derby!
PRIZES/AWARDS: At each level of competition competitors will receive an item for their participation. Prizes at different levels of competition include certificates, medals, trophies and other awards. National Finalists receive a trip to MLB All-Star Week.
* Competitors compete in four age groups: 7/8, 9/10, 11/12, 13/14. Age is determined as of July 17, 2018.
** Weather permitting, specific dates within your market will be available upon determination of each Team Championship date.
*** Advancement notified by PHR Headquarters. All-Around Champions at the Sectional and Team Championship do NOT automatically advance.
Click the pictures below to learn more about each facet of the competition.